Council Agendas & Packets
The regular meetings of the Manchester City Council are scheduled for the second & fourth Mondays of the month at 5:00pm.
Meetings are held at Council Chambers, 204 East Main Street.
The City of Manchester is leveraging the power of Internet to radically improve the governance process while saving time, taxpayer dollars and the environment. The new eGovernance initiative will replace the old and costly method of compiling, printing, binding and distributing paper agenda packets by hand. The remarkably powerful, easy-to-use solution will enable the City to maximize the effectiveness of their Council meetings with increased transparency, providing a basis for better and more open communication with the public, while dramatically increasing productivity and saving thousands of dollars annually.
The paperless meeting solution, called BoardDocs® LT, is a 100% Web-based service that includes many features from our industry-leading eAgenda solution. By making meeting agendas and supporting documents available on the Internet, the City of Manchester will be able distribute documents associated with City Council meetings more quickly and efficiently, at a dramatically reduced cost to the City.
Electronic distribution will not only save time and resources, it will also provide unprecedented public access via the City's web site to agenda items and other council-related information. This process will allow interested parties to review information prior to council meetings. All documents associated with the meeting are automatically archived and can be accessed by meeting date or by using the system's comprehensive search feature.
Additionally, BoardDocs® LT will increase the amount of time Council members have to review agenda information, enabling them to better prepare for meetings. Under the old paper system, the meeting packet could not be distributed until every document had been prepared, submitted and approved. Once all the documents were submitted, staff members would typically spend two days assembling the documents into packets before distributing them to the Council members. Through the MetaSearch feature, Council members will also have access to best practices from other cities that are using the system, allowing them to gain important knowledge about initiatives other cities have considered and implemented.
The new features can be accessed via the City's website by clicking on BoardDocs. For questions regarding the new initiatives, please contact the City Office at 563.927.3636.
Recent Council Minutes:
Posted on 03/28/2016 at 9:22 am
Posted on 02/22/2016 at 12:46 pm
Council Minutes 2/22/16 TEST
Posted on 03/28/2015 at 9:05 am
Monday, February 13, 2017
City Council Meetings start at 5:00pm Location: City Council Chambers, 204 East Main Street
View this Agenda in BoardDocs
- Procedural: 1.1 Call to Order
- Procedural: 1.2 Roll Call
- Action: 1.3 Approval of the Agenda
- Recognition: 1.4 Presentation of Service Awards to Nathan Detrich for 5 years of service to the Parks & Recreation Department and to Maureen Montgomery for 10 years of service to the Police Department
- Action (Consent): 2.1 Approval of the minutes of the January 23, 2017 City Council Meeting
- Action (Consent): 2.2 R-019-2017 Resolution Approving Bills
- Action (Consent): 2.3 Acknowledge Receipt of City Reports & Minutes
- Action (Consent): 2.4 Liquor License Applications
- Action (Consent): 2.5 R-020-2017 Resolution Amending Salary Resolution
- Action (Consent): 2.6 Motion to set March 13, 2017 at 5:00pm as the date and time for a Public Hearing on the proposed annexation of 616 Quaker Mill Drive
- Action: 2.7 R-021-2017 Resolution Approving Lease Agreement Extension with Dupaco Community Credit Union
- Action (Consent): 2.8 R-022-2017 A Resolution of the Manchester City Council adopting the 2017 Delaware County, Iowa Multi-Jurisdictional Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan (DCHMP)
- Action (Consent): 2.9 Approval of the Consent Agenda
- Discussion, Information: 5.1 Regional Planning Affiliation Region 8 Update – Chandra Ravada, Transportation Director
- Information: 5.2 Delaware County Economic Development (DCED) Year End Report – Donna Boss, DCED Director
- Action: 5.3 Alley Vacation Request
- Action: 5.4 Request of Hughes Memorial Trust & The Watershed to lease the property at 300 & 308 River Street north of The Watershed
- Action: 5.5 Fire Truck Replacement
- Action: 5.6 Aquatic Center Chlorinator Replacement
- Action: 5.7 Mowing Contract Renewal
- Action: 5.8 Ordinance 001-2017 An Ordinance Adopting the “Code of Ordinances of the City of Manchester, Iowa”
- Information: 6.1 Construction Project Updates
- Report: 7.1 City Attorney
- Discussion, Report: 7.2 City Manager
- Report: 7.3 City Clerk
- Report: 7.4 City Council Members
- Report: 7.5 Mayor