Council Agendas & Packets
The regular meetings of the Manchester City Council are scheduled for the second & fourth Mondays of the month at 5:00pm.
Meetings are held at Council Chambers, 204 East Main Street.
Monday, August 13, 2018
City Council meetings start at 5:00pm Location: City Council Chambers, 204 East Main Street
View this Agenda in BoardDocs
- Action (Consent): 2.1 Approval of the minutes of the July 23, 2018 City Council meeting and the August 7, 2018 Special City Council meeting
- Action (Consent): 2.2 R-087-2018 Resolution Approving Bills
- Action (Consent): 2.3 Acknowledge Receipt of City Reports & Minutes
- Action (Consent): 2.4 Liquor License Applications
- Action, Discussion: 2.5 Ordinance 008-2018 An Ordinance Amending the Code of Ordinances of the City of Manchester, Iowa, by amending Chapter 105.05 (5) Recreational Fires
- Action: 2.6 Ordinance 009-2018 An Ordinance Amending the Code of Ordinances of the City of Manchester, Iowa, by amending Chapter 75.02(3) “All-terrain Vehicles”
- Action: 2.7 Ordinance 010-2018 An Ordinance Amending the Code of Ordinances of the City of Manchester, Iowa by Amending Chapter 90.08(3) “Water Service System, Repair and Maintenance, Location”
- Action (Consent): 2.8 Approve Pay Estimate #1 in the amount of $95,984.53 to F.L. Krapfl, Inc. for the Riverfront Phase 1 Project
- Action (Consent): 2.9 Approve payment of claims totaling $11,483.25 to Fehr Graham for engineering services
- Action (Consent): 2.10 R-088-2018 Resolution Authorizing Execution of Grant Offer for Airport Improvement Program (Environmental Assessment Project)
- Action (Consent): 2.11 Approval of variance request of Amy Horns to City of Manchester Employee Handbook Section 2.8 Residency Requirement
- Action (Consent): 2.12 R-089-2018 Resolution Approving and Adopting Procurement Policy for the City of Manchester, Iowa
- Action (Consent): 2.13 R-090-2018 Resolution Amending Salary Resolution
- Action (Consent): 2.14 R-091-2018 Resolution Waiving Right to Review Plat (Loecke)
- Action (Consent): 2.15 Approve Pay Estimate #2 in the amount of $368,417.05 to Top Grade Excavating for the 2018 Street Improvement Project
- Action (Consent): 2.16 Approval of the Consent Agenda
- Procedural: 4.1 Public Hearing on proposal to enter into a Water Revenue Loan and Disbursement Agreement
- Action: 4.2 R-092-2018 Resolution taking additional action with respect to a Water Revenue Loan and Disbursement Agreement and authorizing, approving and securing the payment of a $96,500 Water Revenue Loan and Disbursement Agreement Anticipation Project Note (IFA Interim Loan and Disbursement Agreement)
- Procedural: 4.3 Public Hearing to approve a Development Agreement with Joe Hildebrand/Bailey Drive Estates, LLC, including annual appropriation tax increment payments in an amount not to exceed $112,000
- Action: 4.4 R-093-2018 Resolution Approving Development Agreement with Joe Hildebrand/Bailey Drive Estates, LLC, Authorizing Annual Appropriation Tax Increment Payments and Pledging Certain Tax Increment Revenues to the Payment of the Agreement
- Action: 5.1 R-094-2018 Resolution Approving Purchase Agreement (104 North Tama Street)
- Discussion, Information: 5.2 CN Railroad Communications Tower
- Information: 6.1 Engineer Updates
- Report: 7.1 City Attorney
- Report: 7.2 City Manager
- Report: 7.3 City Clerk
- Report: 7.4 City Council Members
- Report: 7.5 Mayor
- Information: 8.1 Correspondence/Information
- Action, Discussion: 9.1 Motion to enter into Closed Session pursuant to Iowa Code Section 21.5(1j) to discuss the acquisition of real estate
The City of Manchester is leveraging the power of Internet to radically improve the governance process while saving time, taxpayer dollars and the environment. The new eGovernance initiative will replace the old and costly method of compiling, printing, binding and distributing paper agenda packets by hand. The remarkably powerful, easy-to-use solution will enable the City to maximize the effectiveness of their Council meetings with increased transparency, providing a basis for better and more open communication with the public, while dramatically increasing productivity and saving thousands of dollars annually.
The paperless meeting solution, called BoardDocs® LT, is a 100% Web-based service that includes many features from our industry-leading eAgenda solution. By making meeting agendas and supporting documents available on the Internet, the City of Manchester will be able distribute documents associated with City Council meetings more quickly and efficiently, at a dramatically reduced cost to the City.
Electronic distribution will not only save time and resources, it will also provide unprecedented public access via the City's web site to agenda items and other council-related information. This process will allow interested parties to review information prior to council meetings. All documents associated with the meeting are automatically archived and can be accessed by meeting date or by using the system's comprehensive search feature.
Additionally, BoardDocs® LT will increase the amount of time Council members have to review agenda information, enabling them to better prepare for meetings. Under the old paper system, the meeting packet could not be distributed until every document had been prepared, submitted and approved. Once all the documents were submitted, staff members would typically spend two days assembling the documents into packets before distributing them to the Council members. Through the MetaSearch feature, Council members will also have access to best practices from other cities that are using the system, allowing them to gain important knowledge about initiatives other cities have considered and implemented.