Council Agendas & Packets
The regular meetings of the Manchester City Council are scheduled for the second & fourth Mondays of the month at 5:00pm.
Meetings are held at Council Chambers, 204 East Main Street.
Monday, April 23, 2018
City Council meetings start at 5:00pm Location: City Council Chambers, 204 East Main Street
View this Agenda in BoardDocs
- Procedural: 1.1 Call to Order
- Procedural: 1.2 Roll Call
- Presentation, Recognition: 1.3 Presentation of Service Award to Loretta Welcher for 25 years of service to the City of Manchester & the Manchester Police Department
- Presentation, Recognition: 1.4 National Small Business Week Proclamation
- Action: 1.5 Approval of the Agenda
- Action (Consent): 2.1 Approval of the minutes of the April 9, 2018 City Council meeting
- Action (Consent): 2.2 R-047-2018 Resolution Approving Bills
- Action (Consent): 2.3 Acknowledge Receipt of City Reports & Minutes
- Action (Consent): 2.4 Liquor License Applications
- Action (Consent): 2.5 Downtown/Commercial Incentive Program Grant Applications
- Action (Consent): 2.6 Downtown/Commercial Incentive Program Grant Disbursement Request
- Action (Consent): 2.7 R-048-2018 Resolution Amending Salary Resolution
- Action (Consent): 2.8 Approve payment of claims totaling $16,219.40 to Fehr Graham for engineering services
- Action (Consent): 2.9 R-049-2018 Street Lighting Resolution
- Action (Consent): 2.10 R-050-2018 Resolution Approving Hold Harmless Agreement with the Delaware County Emergency Management Commission for the Davis Weather System
- Action (Consent): 2.11 Approve the closure of the 100 block of South Franklin Street on May 17, 2018 at 5:00pm for the West Delaware Middle School Jazz in the Streets event
- Action (Consent): 2.12 R-051-2018 Resolution Approving Delaware County E-911 Generator Joint Agreement with the Delaware County 911 Service Board
- Action (Consent): 2.13 R-052-2018 Resolution for Disposal of Abandoned Bicycles
- Action (Consent): 2.14 R-053-2018 A Resolution Authorizing the Submission of Application for General Aviation Vertical Infrastructure (GAVI) Program and Certifying Eligibility Requirements
- Action (Consent): 2.15 R-054-2018 Resolution Approving Preliminary Plat (Oberreuter Subdivision)
- Action (Consent): 2.16 R-055-2018 Resolution Approving Final Plat (Oberreuter Subdivision)
- Action (Consent): 2.17 R-056-2018 Resolution Approving Lease Agreement with the Hartwick Lake Ski Club
- Action (Consent): 2.18 Approval of the Consent Agenda
- Procedural: 4.1 Public Hearing on Proposed Contract Documents and Estimated Costs for the Riverfront Phase 1 Project
- Action: 5.1 Ordinance 003-2018 An Ordinance Vacating a Portion of South 7th Street lying South of West Jasper Street and North of existing railroad right-of-way, City of Manchester, Delaware County, Iowa
- Action, Discussion: 5.2 Telephone System Update
- Action, Discussion, Information: 5.3 Police Department Canine Replacement
- Discussion: 5.4 Downtown Parking
- : 5.5 R-057-2018 Resolution Waiving Right to Review (Schulte)
- Action, Procedural: 5.6 Site Plan Review (Bailey Drive Estates/Hildebrand)
- Information: 6.1 Engineer Updates
- Report: 7.1 City Attorney
- Report: 7.2 City Manager
- Report: 7.3 City Clerk
- Report: 7.4 City Council Members
- Report: 7.5 Mayor
- Information: 8.1 Correspondence/Information
The City of Manchester is leveraging the power of Internet to radically improve the governance process while saving time, taxpayer dollars and the environment. The new eGovernance initiative will replace the old and costly method of compiling, printing, binding and distributing paper agenda packets by hand. The remarkably powerful, easy-to-use solution will enable the City to maximize the effectiveness of their Council meetings with increased transparency, providing a basis for better and more open communication with the public, while dramatically increasing productivity and saving thousands of dollars annually.
The paperless meeting solution, called BoardDocs® LT, is a 100% Web-based service that includes many features from our industry-leading eAgenda solution. By making meeting agendas and supporting documents available on the Internet, the City of Manchester will be able distribute documents associated with City Council meetings more quickly and efficiently, at a dramatically reduced cost to the City.
Electronic distribution will not only save time and resources, it will also provide unprecedented public access via the City's web site to agenda items and other council-related information. This process will allow interested parties to review information prior to council meetings. All documents associated with the meeting are automatically archived and can be accessed by meeting date or by using the system's comprehensive search feature.
Additionally, BoardDocs® LT will increase the amount of time Council members have to review agenda information, enabling them to better prepare for meetings. Under the old paper system, the meeting packet could not be distributed until every document had been prepared, submitted and approved. Once all the documents were submitted, staff members would typically spend two days assembling the documents into packets before distributing them to the Council members. Through the MetaSearch feature, Council members will also have access to best practices from other cities that are using the system, allowing them to gain important knowledge about initiatives other cities have considered and implemented.