Council Agendas & Packets
The regular meetings of the Manchester City Council are scheduled for the second & fourth Mondays of the month at 5:00pm.
Meetings are held at Council Chambers, 204 East Main Street.
The City of Manchester is leveraging the power of Internet to radically improve the governance process while saving time, taxpayer dollars and the environment. The new eGovernance initiative will replace the old and costly method of compiling, printing, binding and distributing paper agenda packets by hand. The remarkably powerful, easy-to-use solution will enable the City to maximize the effectiveness of their Council meetings with increased transparency, providing a basis for better and more open communication with the public, while dramatically increasing productivity and saving thousands of dollars annually.
The paperless meeting solution, called BoardDocs® LT, is a 100% Web-based service that includes many features from our industry-leading eAgenda solution. By making meeting agendas and supporting documents available on the Internet, the City of Manchester will be able distribute documents associated with City Council meetings more quickly and efficiently, at a dramatically reduced cost to the City.
Electronic distribution will not only save time and resources, it will also provide unprecedented public access via the City's web site to agenda items and other council-related information. This process will allow interested parties to review information prior to council meetings. All documents associated with the meeting are automatically archived and can be accessed by meeting date or by using the system's comprehensive search feature.
Additionally, BoardDocs® LT will increase the amount of time Council members have to review agenda information, enabling them to better prepare for meetings. Under the old paper system, the meeting packet could not be distributed until every document had been prepared, submitted and approved. Once all the documents were submitted, staff members would typically spend two days assembling the documents into packets before distributing them to the Council members. Through the MetaSearch feature, Council members will also have access to best practices from other cities that are using the system, allowing them to gain important knowledge about initiatives other cities have considered and implemented.
The new features can be accessed via the City's website by clicking on BoardDocs. For questions regarding the new initiatives, please contact the City Office at 563.927.3636.
Recent Council Minutes:
Posted on 03/28/2016 at 9:22 am
Posted on 02/22/2016 at 12:46 pm
Council Minutes 2/22/16 TEST
Posted on 03/28/2015 at 9:05 am
Monday, July 24, 2017
City Council meetings start at 5:00pm Location: City Council Chambers, 204 East Main Street
View this Agenda in BoardDocs
- Action (Consent): 2.1 Approval of the minutes of the July 10, 2017 City Council meeting
- Action (Consent): 2.2 R-081-2017 Resolution Approving Bills
- Action (Consent): 2.3 Acknowledge Receipt of City Reports & Minutes
- Action (Consent): 2.4 Liquor License Applications
- Action: 2.5 Ordinance 006-2017 An Ordinance Amending the Official Zoning Map of the City of Manchester, Iowa
- Action (Consent): 2.6 Downtown/Commercial Incentive Program Applications
- Action (Consent): 2.7 Downtown/Commercial Incentive Program Grant Payments
- Action (Consent): 2.8 R-082-2017 Resolution Approving Airport Hangar Lease (Hangar 5)
- Action (Consent): 2.9 R-083-2017 Resolution of Support for the Iowa Department of Natural Resources Resource Enhancement and Protection Grant Application for the Riverfront Phase 1 Improvement Project
- Action (Consent): 2.10 Approve the request of the Hero Hustle Committee to use Schram Park for the Hero Hustle Sprint Triathlon on August 27, 2017
- Action (Consent): 2.11 Approve request of the Hartwick Huskys host their end of season show and sell alcohol at Schram Park on August 27, 2017
- Action (Consent): 2.12 R-084-2017 Resolution Waiving Right to Review Plat (Glew)
- Action (Consent): 2.13 R-085-2017 Resolution Accepting Work Covering the South 5th Street Reconstruction Project
- Action (Consent): 2.14 Approve request of the Parks & Recreation Department to close a portion of South Franklin Street on September 2, 2017 (rain date September 3, 2017) from 4:00pm until midnight for the “Movie in the Street” event
- Action (Consent): 2.15 Acknowledge receipt of unpaid nuisance nuisance mowing bills and approve certification to the Delaware County Treasurer for collection on property taxes
- Action (Consent): 2.16 Approve payment of claims totaling $22,279.05 to Fehr Graham for engineering services
- Action (Consent): 2.17 Ordinance 007-2017 An Ordinance Fixing and Establishing Grades on Several Streets as listed in this Ordinance, in the City of Manchester, Iowa
- Action (Consent): 2.18 Motion to set August 23, 2017 at 10:30am as the date and time for the letting of the 2017 Utility Project
- Action (Consent): 2.19 Motion to set August 28, 2017 at 5:00pm as the date and time for a Public Hearing on plans and specifications for the 2017 Utility Improvement Project
- Action (Consent): 2.20 Approval of the Consent Agenda
- Procedural: 4.1 Public Hearing on the sale of City owned property described as Lot 2, Whitewater Park Subdivision
- Action: 4.2 R-086-2017 Resolution Approving the Sale of Certain Real Estate
- Procedural: 5.1 Protest Hearing on the Award of the Demolition Contract for 228, 304 & 314 West Main Street to Mark Fink as requested by Randy Harbach, Delaware Transfer
- Discussion: 5.2 Dog Park Committee
- Action, Discussion, Information: 5.3 R-087-2017 Resolution Declaring Support and Intent of Placement of Historic Route 20 Signage on the City Maintained Road – Caryssa Philgreen, Delaware County Tourism
- Action: 5.4 Request to set alley grade along West Main Street
- Report: 7.1 City Attorney
- Report: 7.2 City Manager
- Report: 7.3 City Clerk
- Report: 7.4 City Council Members
- Report: 7.5 Mayor
- Information: 8.1 Correspondence/Information