Council Agendas & Packets
The regular meetings of the Manchester City Council are scheduled for the second & fourth Mondays of the month at 5:00pm.
Meetings are held at Council Chambers, 204 East Main Street.
The City of Manchester is leveraging the power of Internet to radically improve the governance process while saving time, taxpayer dollars and the environment. The new eGovernance initiative will replace the old and costly method of compiling, printing, binding and distributing paper agenda packets by hand. The remarkably powerful, easy-to-use solution will enable the City to maximize the effectiveness of their Council meetings with increased transparency, providing a basis for better and more open communication with the public, while dramatically increasing productivity and saving thousands of dollars annually.
The paperless meeting solution, called BoardDocs® LT, is a 100% Web-based service that includes many features from our industry-leading eAgenda solution. By making meeting agendas and supporting documents available on the Internet, the City of Manchester will be able distribute documents associated with City Council meetings more quickly and efficiently, at a dramatically reduced cost to the City.
Electronic distribution will not only save time and resources, it will also provide unprecedented public access via the City's web site to agenda items and other council-related information. This process will allow interested parties to review information prior to council meetings. All documents associated with the meeting are automatically archived and can be accessed by meeting date or by using the system's comprehensive search feature.
Additionally, BoardDocs® LT will increase the amount of time Council members have to review agenda information, enabling them to better prepare for meetings. Under the old paper system, the meeting packet could not be distributed until every document had been prepared, submitted and approved. Once all the documents were submitted, staff members would typically spend two days assembling the documents into packets before distributing them to the Council members. Through the MetaSearch feature, Council members will also have access to best practices from other cities that are using the system, allowing them to gain important knowledge about initiatives other cities have considered and implemented.
The new features can be accessed via the City's website by clicking on BoardDocs. For questions regarding the new initiatives, please contact the City Office at 563.927.3636.
Recent Council Minutes:
Posted on 03/28/2016 at 9:22 am
Posted on 02/22/2016 at 12:46 pm
Council Minutes 2/22/16 TEST
Posted on 03/28/2015 at 9:05 am
Monday, April 24, 2017
City Council Meetings start at 5:00pm Location: City Council Chambers, 204 East Main Street
View this Agenda in BoardDocs
- Procedural: 1.1 Call to Order
- Procedural: 1.2 Roll Call
- Information: 1.3 Proclaim National Small Business Week (April 30, 2017 – May 6, 2017)
- Action: 1.4 Approval of the Agenda
- Action (Consent): 2.1 Approval of the minutes of the April 10, 2017 City Council meeting
- Action (Consent): 2.2 Acknowledge Receipt of City Reports & Minutes
- Action (Consent): 2.3 R-040-2017 Resolution Approving Bills
- Action (Consent): 2.4 R-041-2017 Resolution Amending Salary Resolution (Police)
- Action (Consent): 2.5 Approve request of the Manchester Area Chamber of Commerce to close South Franklin Street from Main Street to East Delaware Street from 7:00am – 10:00pm on June 3, 2017 for the Rhubarb on the River event
- Action (Consent): 2.6 Approve the request of the Delaware County Fair to have a fireworks display on Sunday, May 28, 2017 following their Hairball event
- Action (Consent): 2.7 Approve the request of the Delaware County Fair to have fireworks displays on July 10, 13, and 14, 2017 during the annual County Fair
- Action (Consent): 2.8 Approval of street & parking lot closures for Country Cruisers Car Club events on August 11 & 12, 2017
- Action (Consent): 2.9 Approve payment of claims totaling $10,412.00 to Fehr Graham for engineering services
- Action (Consent): 2.10 Motion to set May 22, 2017 at 5:00pm as the date and time for a Public Hearing on the proposed vacation of a portion of the alley lying between West Main Street and West Butler Street, and River Street and North Franklin Street.
- Action (Consent): 2.11 R-042-2017 Resolution for Disposal of Equipment
- Action (Consent): 2.12 R-043-2017 Resolution Approving Final Plat (Good Neighbor Subdivision)
- Action (Consent): 2.13 R-044-2017 Resolution Approving (Whitewater Park Subdivision)
- Action (Consent): 2.14 R-048-2017 Resolution Authorizing Participation in the IDOT Sign Replacement Program for Cities
- Action (Consent): 2.15 Approval of the Consent Agenda
- Action, Discussion: 4.1 Part Time Dispatch Position
- Action: 4.2 R-045-2017 Resolution Amending Salary Resolution (Dispatch)
- Action: 4.3 R-046-2017 Resolution Approving Agreement for Professional Services with Fehr Graham for the Riverfront Phase 1 Project
- Action: 4.4 R-047-2017 Resolution Authorizing Submission of Application for GAVI (Airport State Funding Application)
- Action: 4.5 R-049-2017 Resolution Approving Purchase of Street Sweeper
- Action: 4.6 Motion to Approve Sidewalk Bids
- Action: 4.7 R-050-2017 Resolution Approving Engineering Agreement (2018 Street Improvement Project)
- Report: 6.1 City Attorney
- Report: 6.2 City Manager
- Report: 6.3 City Clerk
- Report: 6.4 City Council Members
- Report: 6.5 Mayor
- Information: 7.1 Correspondence/Information