Council Agendas & Packets
The regular meetings of the Manchester City Council are scheduled for the second & fourth Mondays of the month at 5:00pm.
Meetings are held at Council Chambers, 204 East Main Street.
Monday, June 24, 2019
City Council meetings start at 5:00pm Location: City Council Chambers, 204 East Main Street
View this Agenda in BoardDocs
- Procedural: 1.1 Call to Order
- Procedural: 1.2 Roll Call
- Recognition: 1.3 Presentation of Service Awards
- Action: 1.4 Approval of the Agenda
- Action (Consent): 2.1 Approval of the minutes of the March 25, 2019 City Council meeting
- Action (Consent): 2.2 R-039-2019 Resolution Approving Bills
- Action (Consent): 2.3 Acknowledge Receipt of City Reports & Minutes
- Action (Consent): 2.4 Downtown Incentive Program Grant Applications
- Action: 2.5 Ordinance 002-2019 An Ordinance Amending the Official Zoning Map of the City of Manchester, Iowa
- Action (Consent): 2.6 Approve the request of the American Legion Post 45 to close the alley behind the Legion in the evening on June 15, 2019 to celebrate 100 years of Post 45 and 10 years of the American Legion Riders
- Action (Consent): 2.7 R-040-2019 A Resolution Approving the Agreement between the City of Manchester and the Chauffeurs, Teamsters and Helpers Local Union No. 238 Affiliated with International Brotherhood of Teamsters covering the Police Bargaining Unit – July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020
- Action (Consent): 2.8 Approve Progress Estimate #8 in the amount of $4,882.61 to Kirkham Michael for the Airport Environmental Assessment
- Action (Consent): 2.9 Motion to set May 13, 2019 at 5:00pm as the date and time for a Public Hearing on the Proposed Contract Documents for the South Madison Parking Lot Project
- Action (Consent): 2.10 Approve payment of $1,470.00 to Burrington Group for engineering services related to the 2018 Street Improvement Project
- Action (Consent): 2.11 Approval of the Consent Agenda
- Action: 5.1 Ordinance 001-2019 An Ordinance Amending the Code of Ordinances for the City of Manchester, Iowa, by adding Chapter 160 Rental Housing Code
- Action: 5.2 Ordinance 005-2019 An Ordinance Amending the Code of Ordinances for the City of Manchester, Iowa, by adding Scheduled Fines for Traveling on Barricaded Street or Alley
- Action, Discussion: 5.3 Urban Revitalization Plan Amendment
- Information: 6.1 Engineer Updates
- Report: 7.1 City Attorney
- Report: 7.2 City Manager
- Report: 7.3 City Clerk
- Report: 7.4 City Council Members
- Report: 7.5 Mayor
- Information: 8.1 Correspondence/Information
The City of Manchester is leveraging the power of Internet to radically improve the governance process while saving time, taxpayer dollars and the environment. The new eGovernance initiative will replace the old and costly method of compiling, printing, binding and distributing paper agenda packets by hand. The remarkably powerful, easy-to-use solution will enable the City to maximize the effectiveness of their Council meetings with increased transparency, providing a basis for better and more open communication with the public, while dramatically increasing productivity and saving thousands of dollars annually.
The paperless meeting solution, called BoardDocs® LT, is a 100% Web-based service that includes many features from our industry-leading eAgenda solution. By making meeting agendas and supporting documents available on the Internet, the City of Manchester will be able distribute documents associated with City Council meetings more quickly and efficiently, at a dramatically reduced cost to the City.
Electronic distribution will not only save time and resources, it will also provide unprecedented public access via the City's web site to agenda items and other council-related information. This process will allow interested parties to review information prior to council meetings. All documents associated with the meeting are automatically archived and can be accessed by meeting date or by using the system's comprehensive search feature.
Additionally, BoardDocs® LT will increase the amount of time Council members have to review agenda information, enabling them to better prepare for meetings. Under the old paper system, the meeting packet could not be distributed until every document had been prepared, submitted and approved. Once all the documents were submitted, staff members would typically spend two days assembling the documents into packets before distributing them to the Council members. Through the MetaSearch feature, Council members will also have access to best practices from other cities that are using the system, allowing them to gain important knowledge about initiatives other cities have considered and implemented.