Council Agendas & Packets
The regular meetings of the Manchester City Council are scheduled for the second & fourth Mondays of the month at 5:00pm.
Meetings are held at Council Chambers, 204 East Main Street.
The City of Manchester is leveraging the power of Internet to radically improve the governance process while saving time, taxpayer dollars and the environment. The new eGovernance initiative will replace the old and costly method of compiling, printing, binding and distributing paper agenda packets by hand. The remarkably powerful, easy-to-use solution will enable the City to maximize the effectiveness of their Council meetings with increased transparency, providing a basis for better and more open communication with the public, while dramatically increasing productivity and saving thousands of dollars annually.
The paperless meeting solution, called BoardDocs® LT, is a 100% Web-based service that includes many features from our industry-leading eAgenda solution. By making meeting agendas and supporting documents available on the Internet, the City of Manchester will be able distribute documents associated with City Council meetings more quickly and efficiently, at a dramatically reduced cost to the City.
Electronic distribution will not only save time and resources, it will also provide unprecedented public access via the City's web site to agenda items and other council-related information. This process will allow interested parties to review information prior to council meetings. All documents associated with the meeting are automatically archived and can be accessed by meeting date or by using the system's comprehensive search feature.
Additionally, BoardDocs® LT will increase the amount of time Council members have to review agenda information, enabling them to better prepare for meetings. Under the old paper system, the meeting packet could not be distributed until every document had been prepared, submitted and approved. Once all the documents were submitted, staff members would typically spend two days assembling the documents into packets before distributing them to the Council members. Through the MetaSearch feature, Council members will also have access to best practices from other cities that are using the system, allowing them to gain important knowledge about initiatives other cities have considered and implemented.
The new features can be accessed via the City's website by clicking on BoardDocs. For questions regarding the new initiatives, please contact the City Office at 563.927.3636.
Recent Council Minutes:
Posted on 03/28/2016 at 9:22 am
Posted on 02/22/2016 at 12:46 pm
Council Minutes 2/22/16 TEST
Posted on 03/28/2015 at 9:05 am
Monday, November 27, 2017
City Council meetings start at 5:00pm Location: City Council Chambers, 204 East Main Street
View this Agenda in BoardDocs
- Action (Consent): 2.1 Approval of the minutes of the November 13, 2017 City Council meeting
- Action (Consent): 2.2 R-125-2017 Resolution Approving Bills
- Action (Consent): 2.3 Acknowledge Receipt of City Reports & Minutes
- Action (Consent): 2.4 Liquor License Applications
- Action (Consent): 2.5 R-126-2017 Resolution Rescinding Resolution R-124-2017 and Approving Final Plat (Soppe & McCrabb’s 2nd Subdivision)
- Action (Consent): 2.6 Approve payment of claims totaling $7,098.50 to Fehr Graham for engineering services
- Action (Consent): 2.7 R-127-2017 Resolution Approving Agreement for Airport Planning Services
- Action (Consent): 2.8 R-128-2017 Resolution Amending Salary Resolution
- Action (Consent): 2.9 Approve Iowa Department of Transportation Application to Perform Work within State Highway Right-of-Way for Snow Pioneers Snowmobile Club
- Action (Consent): 2.10 R-129-2017 Resolution Approving Annual Financial Report for Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 2017
- Action (Consent): 2.11 R-130-2017 Resolution Approving Annual Urban Renewal Report, Fiscal Year 2016/17
- Action (Consent): 2.12 R-131-2017 Resolution Obligating Funds from the Urban Renewal Tax Revenue Fund for appropriation to the payment of Annual Appropriation Tax Increment financed obligations which shall come due in the next succeeding Fiscal Year
- Action (Consent): 2.13 Approval of the Consent Agenda
- Action: 5.1 R-132-2017 Resolution Authorizing Forgivable Loan Agreement with Boulders Inn Manchester LLC
- Action: 5.2 Boulders Inn & Suites Site Plan Review
- Action: 5.3 Request for Special Exception to Livestock Restrictions from Jonathan & Devon Barron, 600 Quaker Mill Drive
- Action: 5.4 City Sidewalk & Nuisance Snow Removal
- Action: 5.5 Axon Taser Purchase
- Report: 7.1 City Attorney
- Report: 7.2 City Manager
- Report: 7.3 City Clerk
- Report: 7.4 City Council Members
- Report: 7.5 Mayor
- Information: 8.1 Correspondence/Information