FAQ  |  City Council Questions

How can I request public records?

Public record requests should be directed to City Hall. Please make the request specific to assist staff in providing the desired information. Staff may take up to ten business days to research the request and respond. A fee of $.25 per page ($.40 cents per double-sided page) will be charged for paper and scanned/electronically transmitted copies.

Where Can I Get a Copy of the Ward Maps?

Ward Map (updated 2021)

How long is the City Council and Mayor's term of office?

The Mayor and City Council Members serve four-year terms.

The terms of office are staggered, with two council and mayor seats filled at one election and the other three council seats filled at another election two years later.

The Mayor Protem is appointed annually by the Mayor, with approval by the Council.

How can I get an item added to the City Council agenda?

Please contact Mayor Milt Kramer or City Manager Tim Vick at 563-927-1113 to have a concern added to the City Council agenda.

All requests must be received by Wednesday prior to the scheduled meeting.

Where can I get a Council Agenda?

Agendas are available on the website and are posted no later than 5:00pm on the Friday before each meeting. You may also obtain or view a copy of the agenda at City Hall or at the Manchester Public Library. Please contact City Clerk Erin Learn at 563-927-1113.

Council Agendas & Packets

When/where does the City Council meet?

The City Council meets on the second and fourth Mondays of every month at 5:00pm in the City Council Chambers, 204 East Main Street, Manchester, Iowa

Who are the current Council Members and Mayor and how do I contact them?

The City of Manchester has five Council Members. Two members are elected at-large, one from the First Ward, one from the Second Ward and one from the Third Ward.