FAQ  |  Flooding

How do I get in contact with FEMA?

Once Delaware County has been declared a federal disaster area, those affected will need to contact the following agencies:


8am – 6pm, Sunday – Saturday
Individuals may also apply online at www.fema.gov
Speech or Hearing Impaired: 1-800-462-7585


8am – 4pm, Monday – Friday


7am – 10pm, Monday – Friday

FEMA Disaster Recovery Center
Location: 2655 210th Street, Earlville, Iowa 52041
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 7pm | Saturday, 9am – 5pm

Please Register by calling 800-621-3362 or TTY 800-462-7585 or register online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov.

Is my water safe to drink?

Unless a boil order has been publicly declared, the City of Manchester’s water is always safe to drink.

For callers Outside the City Limits, all water and well questions should be directed to the Delaware County Sanitation Department (Dennis Lyons) at 563.927.5925.

Should we conserve water?

If water must be conserved the City will issue a public declaration via radio, television and/or website.

How do I report a blocked storm drain?

Please contact the City of Manchester, Monday – Friday (8:00am – 4:00pm) at 563-927-3636.

After hours and weekends, please contact the Manchester Police Department at 563-927-3355.

Where can I get sandbags?

Sandbags may be obtained at the City Shop, 324 S 3rd Street, 563-927-3636.

Where can I find out information during a flood?

Residents are encouraged to call City Hall with any questions they may have at 563-927-3636.

Information will be made available to KMCH, the local access channel 81 (79.2) and the City website as soon as it becomes available.

The Manchester Police Department also encourages residents to sign up for Manchester Info Now, a free, text-messaging service that alerts individuals on the latest weather-related information.

How do I report flooding in my neighborhood?

To report flooding, please contact the City Office, Monday – Friday (8:00am – 4:00pm) at 563-927-3636. After hours and during the weekend, please contact the Police Department at 563-927-3355.

Outreach Services

American Red Cross

Grant Wood Chapter
Website: www.grantwood-redcross.org

Clothes Closet

United Methodist Church
413 E Butler St
Manchester, IA 52057
Website: www.umcmanchester.com/

Delaware County Community Services

721 S 5th Street
Manchester, IA 52057

Delaware County Food Pantry

721 S 5th Street
Manchester, IA 52057

Food Safety

ISU Extension Office
1417 N Franklin St
Manchester, IA 52057

Public Health Department


Veteran’s Affairs

721 S 5th Street
Manchester, IA 52057