I think I have a sewer backup
Sewer back-ups occur despite the best of maintenance programs.
The vast majority of sewer back-ups occur from circumstances beyond the control of the City or the property owner. Here’s what you can do:
- Investigate as soon as you can if you notice floor drains backing up or slow drains. Fast attention to these problems may prevent or lessen the severity of a back-up.
- Contact the City Office at 563.927.3636 (Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm)
- AFTER HOURS & WEEKENDS: Manchester Police Department at 563.927.3355
- City personnel will respond to your request as soon as possible to check if City lines are plugged.
- If the problem is not in the City line, it may be in your private line.
- Contact a licensed plumber as soon as possible.
- Contact your home owner’s insurance representative.