208 East Main Street
Manchester, Iowa 52057
(563) 927-3636

I think I have a sewer backup

Sewer back-ups occur despite the best of maintenance programs.

The vast majority of sewer back-ups occur from circumstances beyond the control of the City or the property owner. Here’s what you can do:

  • Investigate as soon as you can if you notice floor drains backing up or slow drains. Fast attention to these problems may prevent or lessen the severity of a back-up.
  • Contact the City Office at 563.927.3636 (Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm)
  • AFTER HOURS & WEEKENDS: Manchester Police Department at 563.927.3355
  • City personnel will respond to your request as soon as possible to check if City lines are plugged.
  • If the problem is not in the City line, it may be in your private line.
  • Contact a licensed plumber as soon as possible.
  • Contact your home owner’s insurance representative.
Share this page: