Utility and Public Works Services
The City of Manchester provides billing, payment processing, collection and customer service for water, sewer, garbage and recycling.
To sign up for new service, stop service, or transfer service please contact our office at 563-927-1114.
All new water accounts are required to fill out an application form and submit it to Utility Billing within two business days of starting service.
The City of Manchester accepts cash, check, money order, and debit/credit/e-check.
- Pay by Mail – Mail payments to City of Manchester, 208 East Main Street, Manchester, Iowa 52057
- Pay in Person – City Office, 208 East Main Street, Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4 PM.
- After Hours Drop Box – Payments can be placed in the drop box located just to the west of the front door of the City Office.
- Pay Online – Payments by credit/debit cards or E-check can be made online through our website
- AutoPay – The City can debit your checking account or savings account automatically every month. If you wish to be an autopay customer, you will need to sign an authorization form and submit to the City of Manchester.
- Call Us – The City accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit/debit card payments over the phone. Call 563-927-1114 during business hours.
- Bill Pay – Please allow 7-10 days for your payment to be received and posted. Payments not received at the City of Manchester office by the 10th of the month may be assessed a delayed payment fee.
MORE INFO ABOUT E-Billing and Online Bill Pay
Ebills are a convenient, secure, faster and environmentally friendly way of receiving your utility bill. And, they not only reduce waste, but they reduce postage costs too. Enrolling in eBill cancels your paper bill, but the eBill still contains the same information you are used to receiving on your paper bill. Email notifications are sent each month as soon as your new bill is available.
To enroll in eBill, simply contact Manchester City Hall at 563-927-1114.
You can also access your account information and pay your bill online 24/7 with on-line bill pay. View your payment history, consumption history and previous billing history. No more late payments, no check writing and stay up to date with the click of a button. To set up, simply go to mail.manchester-ia.org. Enter a valid email, create a password, and have your account number and location (as it appears on your bill) handy. That’s it!
MORE INFO ABOUT Utility Payments
Bills may be paid online via the City website at https://ubi.gworks.com/ManchesterIA/
If you prefer to pay your bill in person, you may pay in the office or simply place your payment in the dropbox located west of the front door of City Hall.
Please use a sealed envelope, with your payment stub included.
OTHER PAYMENT METHODS
Customers may pay over the phone with a debit/credit card. Call 563-927-1114. Customers can also sign up for Automatic Withdrawal from their bank account. To obtain a form, call or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Customer Service Representative can be reached by:
- Phone – 563-927-1114 between the hours of 8 AM to 4 PM, Monday – Friday.
- Email – email@example.com
- Visit our office at: 208 East Main Street anytime between 8 AM to 4 PM, Monday – Friday.
- For any after hours emergencies, please contact the Manchester Police Department Dispatch at 563-927-3355.
MONTHLY SERVICE CHARGE
PER THOUSAND GALLONS OF WATER USED
Water Excise Tax
6% of water charges
- Compost area maintenance fee includes the chipping of brush and trees that have been deposited in the compost area.
- Garbage fee is for the collection of solid waste (weekly) and recyclables (every other week). Fee covers containers (one garbage and one recycling) and collection provided by Kluesner Sanitation. Any solid waste or recyclables exceeding this limit shall be billed separately by the hauler. Click here to view the list of accepted recyclables.
- Land Fill fee is for the disposal of solid waste.
- Outside Water Meter charges only apply to customers that have installed a special outside water meter. This meter is for outdoor purposes only. This water does not pass through or cycle into the City’s sanitary system.
- Water Monthly Service Charge is based on the size of a customer’s water meter. Each user shall pay a monthly water service charge, plus a rate per thousand gallons of water used. Most residential properties have ¾” meters. Meters size 1” or larger can be installed only with the approval of the Water Superintendent.
- Sewer Monthly Service Charge is based on water consumption. Each user shall pay a monthly sewer service charge, plus a rate per thousand gallons of water used.
- Water Excise Tax applies to service charges, consumption, disconnect fees and other related water sales. The 6% tax excludes the 1% local option tax.
Additional Helpful Information
Information sheet for residents regarding City Services: 2021 CITY INFO SHEET
Utility Bill Go Up? Common Causes for High Utility Bills
The 2020 Water Quality Consumer Confidence Report is now available via the following link: View the 2020 Report
This report is not mailed to residents, but copies are available at City Hall.