Understanding your utility bill
Residents are billed monthly for water, sewer, garbage & compost.
- Bills are sent out on or before the last business day of each month.
- Bills are due by the 10th day of the month.thin 10 days.
- A penalty is assessed to each account if not paid by the 10th, and a notice of delinquency is sent. The account holder is then given an additional 12 days to make payment on the account before disconnection of services occurs.
- If you have not received your bill or feel you have received a notice of delinquency in error, please contact the City Office immediately at 563-927-1114.
- The City of Manchester offers automatic withdrawal from your checking or savings, and online bill payment.
Charges may differ for each customer receiving a utility bill depending upon their circumstances and/or type of classification (residential, commercial, industrial, etc.). For most residents, the following charges will apply:
|Water Usage||WA||$6.04 monthly service charge, plus $3.21 per thousand gallons of water|
|Sewer Usage||SW||$11.19 monthly service charge, plus $6.19 per thousand gallons of water|
|Garbage & Recycling||GA||$11.60|
|Landfill||LF||Varies depending on type of account|
|Outside Water (opt)||OW||$0.80 monthly service charge, plus $3.75 per thousand gallons of water|
|Water Tax||TAX||Tax is calculated at 7% based on water charges only|